Isco relishing spotlight after Spain performance…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone discusses his three years at the club so far and hopes to improve.
– Simeone: El Cholo declares himself happy at Atletico after almost three years as Coach.
– “I’m still looking for the best from this Atletico”.
– “I feel very good at Atletico”.
– “I want to continue improving, I’m never satisfied”.
– “I always believe they can get rid of me, I’m only thinking of Malaga”.
– The two faces of Spain.
– Yes: “I’m very proud of you”.
– No: Ear-pull from Del Bosque. He laments messing about with the ball. “It could be that when Costa and Cesc come back somebody else has taken their place”.
– Futre reveals one of Gil’s ‘match-fixes’…23 years later.
– Modric is injured with his national team.
– Two years in prison: former President Nunez is now inside.
– “I’m grateful to Spain for the affection they show me”.
– “I felt important to Del Bosque. Maybe he realised I wanted to do great things”.
– Kiko Casilla will be in the starting line-up against Germany tomorrow: Boateng is out injured.
– Evidence of collusion in the ‘Costa case’: the Catalan Biosca, Chelsea’s doctor, is a friend of doctor Cota.
– Futre: “Jesus Gil asked us to lose against Espanyol”.
– It was in 1991, Los Pericos won 3-1 and avoided the play-offs. Luis was Espanyol’s Coach and signed for Atletico the day after.
– Gareth Bale, closer to the European Championships: he was the best in Wales-Belgium (0-0).
– Luka Modric comes off injured with Croatia.
– Nunez, former Barca President, in prison.
– Bartomeu, Luis Enrique, Zubizarreta, Mestre.
– Bartomeu, Lucho, Zubi and Mestre met last week to talk about the different options open to the team.
– The Coach is convinced he can get the best out of the players and the President conveyed his total confidence.
– Nunez imprisoned: he goes inside after his appeal was unsuccessful.
– Iniesta and Mathieu, ready to play against Sevilla.
– The national team tomorrow against Germany.
– Ramos and Isco doubtful after the victory against Belarus.
– Futre talks of Espanyol-Atleti match-fixing from 1991.