Madrid saved by Casillas as they claim win over Almeria…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid make it 20 consecutive victories and now Carlo Ancelotti eyes the Club World Cup.
– The unbeatables – 20.
– A heaven-sent Iker Casillas stops a penalty at 1-2.
– Real Madrid achieve their 20th victory with more goals than play.
– Iker: “We were sluggish and suffered on that account”.
– War on insults: Valencia, Espanyol and Cordoba also take measures against verbal violence.
– Another invention without Neymar. Luis Enrique: “I already made changes like this with the reserve team but nobody noticed, not even Saint Peter”.
– Launched towards the World Club Cup.
– Carlo Ancelotti: “Only winning the World Club Cup will be good enough”.
– Madrid have 39 points and Cristiano 25 goals.
– Atletico expel eight members implicated in the fight with the Riazor Blues. Another seven fans, who aren’t members, are banned from entering the Calderon.
– Casillas stopped a penalty at 1-2.
– Neymar out of the Getafe match through injury.
– Contra: “l’d take a draw right now”.
– World Club Cup – Madrid will know their semi-final opponents today: Wanderers or Cruz Azul.
– The big boss.
– Mascherano began as the ‘little boss’ but with his charisma and play has earned his stripes. The Argentine, a key piece for Lucho, will today play his 200th match as a Blaugrana.
– Barca, without the injured Neymar, go for a much-needed victory.
– Luis Enrique warns: “We are coming from playing in the Champions League and will be up against a highly-motivated team”.
– Too much punishment for Almeria. A tweet could see a fine of €60,001.