Madrid begin their quest on Tuesday against Cruz Azul…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid leave for the Club World Cup with a four-point La Liga advantage as Barcelona are held.
– Real Madrid are going.
– Today they travel to Morocco to play in the World Club Cup with a four-point advantage over Barca. The Azulgrana fiasco allows them to finish off the year as high in the table as they possibly could be.
– On Tuesday they begin the assault on the World Club Cup against Mexican club Cruz Azul.
– The cleanest centre-back in the League: Pepe, the one who has made least fouls and of the 40 in the starting line-ups and has been given the least yellow cards.
– If there is no Messi there is no Barca. A dull image from the Blaugrana: Luis Enrique, without the ability to react to get his men out of a jam.
– Controversial end to the game: the referee whistled before time when Alvaro was alone and bearing down on Bravo’s goal.
– Only football at the Calderon: first game without the Frente Atletico.
– All on in the hunt for Barca. Miranda and Tiago, new names in the starting XI.
– Barca disconnected.
– Luis Enrique: “We were superior to our opponents”. Controversy: the referee signalled the end when Alvaro was alone going towards goal.
– Madrid go to the World Club Cup happy, with a four-point advantage in the League and their historic run of victories.
– The Calderon passes the test. First match at Manzanares after the Ultra brawl.
– Miranda will be in the starting line-up and Gimenez on the bench.
– Barca remained loyal to their style but couldn’t score and are now four points behind Madrid.
– The woodwork again prevented another Messi goal and he missed Neymar’s help.
– Sergio Ramos and Sacchi contradict themselves.