Torres expected to be unveiled at a press conference on Monday…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as the countdown continues to Fernando Torres’ return to Atletico Madrid as developments are expected on Monday.
– Children’s Day.
– A day with a leading figure.
– The gesture of the year. Youngsters from Atleti and Depor exchange shirts and link arms.
– A success story. Fernando Torres: his signing is closed and today he will hold a Press conference in Dubai alongside Miguel Angel Gil.
– The Christmas match: a deluge of stars in the Calderon.
– Manchester City fail to take advantage of Chelsea’s slip.
– Happy Madrid.
– Iker Casillas’ saves and a great goal from Isco were the most celebrated among the 6,000 spectators.
– The Alfredo di Stefano was full at the open training session.
– The FEF financed Atleti. It accepted payments from the club to the value of €11m set off against UEFA’s accounts.
– Sudden halt in the Premier: draws for Chelsea, City and United.
– El Nino: Torres expected tomorrow. Giacomo Bonaventura, his teammate at Milan: “He’s going to the club he loves”.
– Catalonia recover with a fantastic Xavi.
– Iraizoz avoids a five-goal thrashing.
– Signings Plan B.
– Adama, Halilovic, Samper, Deulofeu and Denis Suarez are the solution if nobody can be signed in 2015.
– The majority of the squad, stars included, will have to play on as the season progresses.
– This is how City are playing: they drew yesterday against the last-but-one team.
– Top Secret: everything about Douglas’ signing.
– Mou ‘on fire’: the Coach complains about a campaign against Chelsea after drawing against Koeman’s Southampton (1-1).
– Isco dazzles at the open training session.
– Iraizoz stops the visitors while Aduriz and Sergio score.
– Intense January for Atletico Madrid: Barca and Madrid await.
– The team returns to training today.