Madrid and Valencia exchange pleasantries ahead of encounter…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid face a difficult task against Valencia as they look to extend their 22-game winning streak.
– All eyes on Mestalla.
– Great match to start the year. Real Madrid begin their hard uphill January against an in-form Valencia.
– Los Blancos, to try and increase their record 22 victories. Alvaro Negredo: “Winning runs are there to be broken”.
– Debut for Enzo Perez. Luka Modric will be two weeks recovering in a clinic in Amberes.
– Antoine Griezmann, an arrow shot on goal: with his headed double he is Atletico’s top scorer.
– Today is your day: the Calderon in party mood to welcome their adored Fernando Torres.
– Barca visit their final nightmare. Three defeats and a draw in their last four games at Anoeta.
– “Cristiano is the best player in history”.
– Nuno welcomes Madrid with maximum praise for the Los Blancos star.
– And Carlo Ancelotti returns the courtesy: “This Valencia is stronger and more dangerous than last season”.
– Griezmann salutes El Nino. Torres sees the Frenchman’s double from the stands.
– He will be presented at 1pm today in the Calderon.
– Luis Enrique: “We still have room for improvement, Madrid and Atletico will lose points”.
– Bravo’s match.
– The Chilean returns to San Sebastian with some statistics that threaten the record of the historic Liano.
– Barca, trying to finally win at Anoeta where there will be a morbid reunion between Luis Suarez and Moyes.
– MD interview with Paco Liano, the best ‘Zamora’ in history.
– “Bravo began better than me but the League is very long”.
– A start with fireworks for Real.