Winning streak ends after 22 games and 110 days…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as both Real Madrid and Barcelona lose on Sunday with the latter missing a chance to close the gap.
– Mestalla the record.
– Valencia end Los Blancos’ run of 22 games and 110 days. Nuno’s men overcome Madrid in intensity and skill…and Luis Enrique commits Barca suicide.
– In an inexplicable decision he leaves Messi, Neymar, Pique, Rakitic and Alves on the bench.
– “With another line-up we wouldn’t have played a different match,” argued the Coach.
– Historic full house at the Calderon. Atletico delirium for Torres. 45,000 fans at the largest-ever presentation of a Spanish footballer. “It’s nice to be back home”.
– The record stayed in Valencia.
– Defeat for Madrid in a fierce match full of emotion. Carlo Ancelotti: “Sometimes it happens that you play well and lose. That happened today”.
– Luis Enrique shoots himself in the foot. He goes out at Anoeta without Messi, Neymar, Alves, Pique and Rakitic.
– Own goal from Alba.
– 45,000 Atletico fans welcome El Nino. Torres: “I was missing something that excited me. I want to win trophies”.
– What a shame!
– Barca pass up a golden opportunity to catch Madrid and Anoeta is once more a jinx. Luis Enrique caused a surprise with a starting line-up that had no Messi, Neymar, Pique and Alves.
– Penalties to Madrid yes, to Barca no. Los Blancos shock: Madrid start the year by losing after leading through a penalty.
– 40,000 Rojiblancos fans fill the Calderon for Torres’ presentation.