James and Ramos both out for extended period of time…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid open up a four point lead at the top of La Liga but they suffer two costly injuries on Wednesday night.
– A four-point advantage.
– Very expensive; James, a breakdown and two months out. James fractures the fifth metatarsal in his right foot.
– Ramos out three weeks with a hamstring problem.
– Cristiano: 30 years, 669 games, 464 goals.
– Real Madrid confirm their breakaway but pay a high price. Another great match from Isco.
– Lack of marksmanship in the penalty area against a good Sevilla.
– Spectacular diving header from James (1-0).
– “China is an emerging League”.
– Real Madrid open the gap. 1st Real Madrid 54, 2nd Barcelona 50, 3rd Atletico 47.
– Cold, scares, injuries and three hard-fought points. Beto was taken to hospital with a dislocated shoulder. James needs surgery and will be out two months.
– Sergio Ramos: Three weeks KO’d.
– Madrid will appeal against Marcelo’s fifth card.
– Tebas comes out in defence of Bartomeu: “The charge has legal ramifications”.
– Diego Godin: “We are not violent, we’re intense, and I’m tired of the matter”.
– Helenio Herrera, best Coach in La Liga history, according to a study by the Centre of Investigation, History and Statistics in Spanish football.
– Neymar outscores Cristiano.
– Neymar 219, CR7 107. The Brazilian is 23 today and the Portuguese is aged 30.
– At the same age as the Blaugrana star the Madrid player didn’t have half his goals.
– The original ‘spot’ of the squad for Qatar.
– Akinfewa (102kgs), his weight in goals.
– Former Coach Udo Lattek dies.
– Reus, to Barca: “And where would I play?”