Menu

Arsenal manager issues ‘hands-off’ warning to Manchester City over key midfielder

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has once again stressed that he has no intention of letting highly-rated midfielder Jack Wilshere leave the club in the summer, amid reported interest from Premier League rivals Manchester City, Mail Online reports.

SEE ALSO:
Chelsea v Crystal Palace: Premier League live stream
Arsenal increasingly confident of signing Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech
Chelsea & Man City told to pay record-breaking fee to sign midfielder

The England man has not played a first team game for the North London outfit since suffering ankle ligament damage during the 2-1 defeat by Manchester United back in November and has been an unused substitute in the last two games for the Gunners.

It was reported last month that City are considering a huge £30million bid for Wilshere in the summer, and speculation over Real Madrid star Isco making the move to the Emirates in the next transfer window has left question marks over the 23-year-old’s future with the FA Cup finalists.

However, Wenger insists that he has no plans to cash in on the midfielder, and has stressed that Wilshere remains part of the long-term plans at Emirates:

“I believe the success of the club in the future will depend on how well the young players educated here will do. He is part of that.” the Frenchman told reporters ahead of his side’s trip to Hull City on Monday night.

“He needs one or two years without problems to really get the full confidence and belief back and I don’t see why it shouldn’t happen.” Wenger added.

More Stories Arsenal FC Jack Wilshere Manchester City FC