Boss set to spend after Champions League victory.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that there will be new arrivals making their way to the club soon now that they’d got their Champions League qualifying game against Fenerbahce out of the way, Sky Sports reports.
Wenger will now turn his attentions to conducting business in the transfer market as he saw his side all but confirm their place in the Champions League proper with a 3-0 first leg win over the Turkish giants on Wednesday.
Earlier in the summer Wenger missed out on several high profile targets, with Gonzalo Higuain leaving Real Madrid for Napoli, which then left him targeting Liverpool’s Luis Suarez, a move which he now says will not happen.
“(There is) absolutely no chance of that,” said Wenger when asked about Suarez.
The Gunners will be looking to strengthen their midfielder area as injuries to Abou Diaby and Mikel Arteta have taken their toll, and they have already lined up Newcastle United’s Yohan Cabaye as a replacement, whilst Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has now also been linked.
“We tried to bring one in, but we are working on that. You have to understand there is still a long way to go,” added Wenger.
“The transfer market starts for me now and a lot of activity will happen between now and September 2.
“From August 21 until September 2 you have 12 days, so a lot will happen. It starts now.
“It is like a poker game. People hold their cards as long as possible and see what is happening out there. In the end, they go for decisions.”