Alonso concedes he made decision to retirement before tournament started.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Vicente Del Bosque doesn’t hide from the criticism while Xabi Alonso likely to announce international retirement.
– Xabi to leave the national team. Goodbye after the World Cup.
– He had already taken the decision before going to Brazil. He will announce it shortly so he can dedicate himself fully to Madrid.
– Marca.com: The fans say the key was the physical state and the lack of hunger.
– Vicente Del Bosque: I will do what’s best, if I am a hindrance, I will go.
– Madrid on alert. Luis Suarez, The World Cup like an exam.
– Costa Rica send England home. Los Ticos beat Italy and qualify for the knockout stages.
– Del Bosque doesn’t hide: If I am a hindrance to our football, I will go.
– Coexistence: It may be that there have been some little things, as happens in families but they have been small.
– Leadership: I have missed players and people like Puyol and Marchena.
– Tension: The Barca-Madrid issue always invades everything because of some rough games.
– Tostao; Spain are the reason for the excellent football that we are seeing at this World Cup. Thank you.
– Casillas will stay another year. Agreement with Florentino following the Champions League.
– Negredo waits for the call from Atletico. He is away on holiday in Ibiza, Milan also want him.
– Benzema, a star for France who impress. He scores a goal and has one taken away as the referee blows for full time.
– Costa Rica leave two World Champions out. They qualify, eliminating England and either Italy or Uruguay will go out in the last game.
– Luis Suarez to Barca, the key aspects to his signing.
– His daughter was born in Barcelona and he has family in Cataluña. Alexis could make the deal cheaper as Liverpool target him.
– Luis Enrique likes him and would give the deal his approval.
– Xavi tells his family: I’m going.
– Drama in the Toure family after their brother dies.
– La Roja, a cloud of dust. Del Bosque plays it down but leaves the door open for his departure.
– Opportunity for Messi to score a hat full.
– Italy complicate life and England say goodbye.
– Malaga and Monaco to start negotiations on Monday. Caballero could be Valdes’ replacement at Monaco.