Van Gaal master-stroke ensures that Holland advance to face Messi and Argentina.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid are in awe of James Rodriguez and his talent ahead of attempting to sign him this summer.
– James 10.
– Real Madrid give a mark to the Colombian pearl at the World Cup.
– Outstanding in the most important subjects to become a galactico: Class, interchangeable, leadership, immediate impact and personality.
– The Brazilian David Luiz pays tribute to his talent: “He is a player that has captured the affection of the world”.
– Football in suspense for Don Alfredo. Hospitalized in a serious state after a cardiac arrest.
– A genius and a hero, a decisive Van Gaal substitutes his goalkeeper in the 121st minute to win penalties. Incredible performance of saves from Keylor Navas.
– The final from Argentina ‘78. Argentina and Holland meet again in the semi-finals in a clash that immortalised Mario Kempes.
– Broken. Argentina return to the semi-finals 24 years later but they lose their Angel.
– Neymar breaks the heart of Brazil. “It’s broken my dream of playing in the final but not of being champions”.
– Arjen Robben challenges Lionel Messi.
– Van Gaal masterstroke: He brought on Krul in the 118th minute and saved two penalties.
– Gonzalo Higuain scored in the 7th minute and Di Maria gets injured and says goodbye to the World Cup.
– Keylor Navas takes the game to penalties.
– Di Stefano in a critical state. He went to hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest at a celebration with friends for his 88th Birthday.
– Alvaro Negredo would take a pay cut to be a Rojiblanco. Spaniard ready to leave Manchester City and will replace the goals of Diego Costa after his switch to Chelsea.
– Messi Euphoric.
– Leo flooded with joy after progressing to the semis with the Albiceleste 24 years later.
– He creates play, Higuain scored and Sabella said: “Messi is water in the desert”.
– Genius Van Gaal. He put sub goalkeeper Krul on for penalties, who was decisive saving two.
– Frantic tie between a good Holland side and a stunning Keylor Navas.
– Alfredo Di Stefano suffers a cardiac arrest. He turned 88 on Friday.
– The world mourns Neymar. He suffers a fracture of the third vertebra in his back and will be out for 4-6 weeks.
– Ney, dejected. “They have robbed me of a dream of playing in the final”.
– The star out of the World Cup, rests at home.
– And now Alexis. Luis Suarez tied up, Barca already working on the exit of the Chilean.
– Claudio Bravo arrives today.