Catalan outfit still looking to improve the squad ahead of new season…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Barcelona’s work in the transfer market has not yet concluded despite signing Thomas Vermaelen.
– Super Bale returns home.
– The Welshman arrives like a bull to his third final with Madrid. He has gained muscle bulk and explosiveness in pre-season. Top scorer in the summer for Los Blancos.
– His goals were decisive in the last two finals. Now he was to be a prophet on his home turf.
– ‘The Super Cup is a prize and we deserve it’.
– Emery faces the final convinced of Sevilla’s chances.
– Atleti strike fear.
– Soriano dazzles. Five goals in a game. Undisputed star of Salzburg and of the Austrian League.
– The Teresa Herrera stays at the Riazor.
– Thomas Vermaelen: ‘I want to start fresh’. The centre-back confident about forgetting injuries.
– 8,000 Spaniards take over Cardiff.
– 4,000 Madrid fans and as many Sevilla fans travel to the Super Cup final.
– Atletico exhibition. Raul Garcia (2), Mandzukic, Koke and Hector the goalscorers.
– Raul Jiminez could arrive in Madrid this Wednesday.
– Vermaelen at his presentation: ‘I am still missing weeks to be fit’.
– Vermaelen and one more.
– Zubi: ‘If the opportunity arises to improve the squad, we will do it’.
– Barca present the Belgian centre-back and continue to wait on Fiorentina star Juan Cuadrado.
– Top Secret: Sergi Roberto could be loaned out.
– Luis Suarez’s shirt the third most sold.
– Sami Khedira resists renewing.
– Alexis wins the Community Shield. Sanchez stars as Arsenal defeat Manchester City 3-0 at Wembley.