Madrid beat Barca to signing of Asensio…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Iker Casillas is “still in fashion” while Lionel Messi will look to add to his Champions League tally.
– Goal against Barca.
– Asensio’s signing by Madrid jeopardises Zubizarreta. Barca had him tied up in the summer but couldn’t close the deal.
– Los Blancos took advantage of the Blaugrana uncertainty and that has provoked a crisis in the sports management at the Camp Nou.
– Michel: “Atletico make you suffer”. Olympiacos land in Madrid today with qualification for the Last 16 to play for.
– Michel in his team’s dressing room yesterday. Next aim: Raul. Messi and the mighty Madrid player are equal on 71 goals in the Champions League.
– Consolation prize lacking: Los Leones look for their first Champions League victory to get them into the Europa League.
– Rough time for Pellegrini: he plays against Guardiola with everything against him.
– The European strikers. Cristiano and Benzema, with 37 goals, are the most effective pairing on the continent.
– A made-to-measure badge. He takes out the cross from the Abu Dhabi bank cards so as not to offend them.
– Lack of goals condemns Granada.
– Criticism of a dismissal announced. Victor and the Zaragoza directors went months without speaking.
– Iker Casillas still in fashion.
– FIFPro candidate for Goalkeeper of the Year. His rivals: Neuer, Buffon, Courtois and Bravo.
– He has already won the award in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
– 45,000 footballers from 70 countries voted.
– Roberto: “What I am I owe to Atletico Madrid. They made me into a player there”.
– The FEF benefited the related territories. Tenerife feud. They took the majority of pools company subsidies.
– Barca against the defence. Los Cules play for first place in the group in a potential banana skin.
– The Europa League to play for. Athletic look for their first win.
– African Nations Cup 2015. Obiang signs up 50 Cuban doctors for the fight against Ebola.
– Messi after Raul.
– Leo can become the sole leading Champions League goalscorer if he scores in Cyprus today. Lucho wants to win in Nicosia so first place in the group will be decided at the Camp Nou against PSG.
– The Vermaelen case taints Zubizarreta. The Belgian, who has still not made his debut, is on the road to the operating theatre.
– Sabadell: Alex Garcia new Coach.
– Mou: “I don’t think Ramos has a degree in medicine”.
– Zaragoza: Victor Munoz, sacked.
– Diego Lopez also votes for Neuer.
– Guardiola: “What Leo did is an outrage. It will take 600 years to surpass”.