Madrid now looking to equal Rijkaard’s Barca record…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti reaches an agreement on a contract extension with the club.
– Carlo Ancelotti, renewed: agreement to improve and extend his contract for one more season.
– Asensio, signed: he has signed for six years and has cost €3.9m. Lucas Silva, to follow: it will be done within the next few days.
– Madrid will tell the Coach of the extension after the World Club Cup or at the beginning of the year.
– The Balearic jewel will continue on loan at Mallorca until June. The Brazilian will come in summer…or now.
– Infantino, UEFA general secretary: “The time has come to expel teams. The clubs can do much more, it’s simple to drive out the violent members”.
– At last football and nothing more than football. For the record: Los Blancos trying to equal, against the sky blue ‘giantkillers’, the benchmark of 18 consecutive victories set by Rijkaard’s Barca.
– Now for the 18!
– Ancelotti’s men look to equal the record of consecutive victories set by Rijkaard’s Barca.
– Asier Illarramendi replaces the suspended Isco against Celta.
– Madrid make official the signing of Marco Asensio for six years. “I’m now happy and relaxed”.
– Cholo Simeone goes with everyone against Elche. He reserves no-one with an eye on the Champions League game against Juventus.
– Cesar Messi.
– Tomorrow the star can reach the historic ‘Pichichi’ of the derbies if he continues on a roll.
– The mighty striker scored 11 goals against Espanyol: Leo already has nine and is one away from 400 with Barca.
– Sergio Busquets and goals: Sergio will complete 300 games if he plays and Barca 300 goals in the derby with a double.
– Sergio Garcia makes a prediction: “It’s the team’s time”. Songs against Atleti at Ancelotti’s lunch.