Meanwhile, Barca have a goal feast at Camp Nou in Cup game…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid seal a comfortable win over Cruz Azul to advance to the Club World Cup final.
– Real Madrid reach the final of the Club World Cup with a goal feast against Cruz Azul.
– Sergio opened the way, Isco closed it with a pearl, and CR7 with a ‘rabona’ almost scored the goal of the year.
– A second penalty saved by Iker in five days.
– Opertation Neptune: Jimmy’s suspected murderers arrested. The police earmark ‘Buffalo’, a taxi driver from Parla and father of two sons, as the suspect.
– Another 35 from the Frente are arrested. Six more from Gijon could also be detained today.
– A monument to the Cup at Mestalla. The last goal incenses Paco: “We played against four referees”.
– Barca put on a feast.
– To the final…Come on Real!
– Carlo Ancelotti: “I’m sure Cristiano has a goal saved for Saturday”.
– Iker Casillas saves another penalty.
– Sergio Ramos, Karim Benzema, Gareth Bale and Isco score.
– 36 ultras detained, among them the two suspected of being the main perpetrators in the death of Romero Taboada. The majority are members of Frente Atletico. The club will expel all those that are members.
– San Lorenzo play for passage to the final against Auckland’s semi-professionals.
– Rayo are heroic at Mestalla.
– Alcacer’s goalscoring night puts Valencia through.
– Pedro stands out.
– Pedro, with a ‘hat-trick’, led Barca’s goal feast at a Camp Nou with almost 45,000 spectators.
– The Blaugrana are now in the last 16, where they will face the winners of Elche-Valladolid.
– Two greats go: Henry and Abidal announce their goodbyes in the same week. Both, World Champions with France, played together at Barca, where they picked up excellent honours.
– Los Blancos reach the final without problems.
– Rayo almost knocked Valencia out at Mestalla.
– The Manzanares tragedy: the two suspected murderers are arrested.
– A taxi driver from Parla, the main suspect in Jimmy’s death.