Oranje star is expected to leave the Eredivisie imminently.
Arsenal are keen on signing Feyenoord defender Bruno Martins Indi as soon as the winter transfer window finally reopens for business once again for the year in January, according to reports in the Daily Mail.
The coveted Netherlands international had been tracked by Premier League rivals Everton during the recent summer transfer window and despite the Merseyside giants not following up their initial interest with a bid for Martins Indi, it is understood that new Toffees head coach Roberto Martinez is planning on lodging an offer of £8 million for the 21-year-old in the new year.
And it is that latest development that has now put Gunners boss Arsene Wenger on alert, with the Frenchman also said to be desperate to sign the Dutchman at the turn of the year.
Martins Indi, who is contracted to the Eredivisie outfit until June 30 2016, has bee at Feyenoord for his whole career to date, making his debut for the Dutch giants in August 2010, with the central defender having since made 78 appearances in total for the club in all competitions going into this season, scoring three goals in the process, all of which came in the league.
“He is very good and strong. It is not for nothing he’s a first-choice here and with the Dutch national team,” said former Arsenal player Giovanni van Bronckhorst, who is now a coach at Feyenoord, of his coveted defender.
“He will make the move to a foreign club in the long term. When the time comes and he wants to leave, he will leave the club. We are very happy with him, but we know we cannot compete with the top European clubs.”