Frenchman claims he is more than happy with his current options in attack at the Emirates.
Arsenal head coach Arsene Wenger says that the Premier League leaders do not need to enter into the winter transfer market at the turn of the year now that both attackers Theo Walcott and Lukas Podolski are back from recent injury layoffs, according to reports in the Guardian.
The north London club have currently been relying upon the goals of front man Olivier Giroud to keep them firing both at home and abroad, however, were the France international to pick up an injury, then the Gunners would be forced to call upon the services of misfiring Dane Nicklas Bendtner.
However, the Frenchman says that despite their shortage of numbers up front at the Emirates at present, he has no intention whatsoever of entering the market in January to bring in reinforcements, despite the north Londoners having been heavily linked with a range of big-name strikers in recent weeks.
“Theo gives us qualities that other players haven’t got,” said Wenger in his pre-match press conference ahead of the visit of Southampton to the capital on Saturday afternoon.
“It’s a different option. It gives us options to score, to go behind to create space in the middle. We have missed that, maybe, but we have not done too badly. Podolski also shouldn’t be too far now.”
So far, Arsenal have been mentioned in the same breath as strikers such as highly rated Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema and mercurial Liverpool front man Luis Suarez.