Experienced centre back has barely played for the Gunners in 2013.
Out-of-favour Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen says that he is not worried at all about his future with the north London club, despite a wave of recent speculation linking the Belgium with a possible move away from the Emirates when the winter transfer window opens again at the turn of the year, according to reports on Sportinglife.
Read more Arsenal FC news
The highly rated central defender has largely found himself surplus to requirements with the Gunners for not only the majority of this current campaign, but most of the year too after a loss of form and a succession of serious injuries too.
So much so that Vermaelen has featured in just the eight matches in total in all competitions so far this season for the Premier League leaders, six of which have come in the top flight, and with the 28-year-old’s current deal in the capital now only running until June 30 2015, rumours have been rife that the Belgium international’s days as an Arsenal player will soon be coming to an end.
However, despite stories stating that Serie A giants Napoli are keen to lure Vermaelen to Southern Italy in the January transfer window, the player himself claims that he wants to stay in north London, telling told Belgian TV station Sporting Telenet: “I don’t like to talk about my situation. It doesn’t matter.
“I am a player of Arsenal and I will do everything for this club. We will see what happens. It makes no sense to speculate about my future.
“We are still happy about our place in the table. To be title contenders we have to be very consistent. In the Premier League, everything is possible.”
Find out the top ten Ashes moments from England and Australia’s cricket rivalry here in this great piece from fanatix!
Find out the top 10 biggest match-fixing scandals in sport history.