Menu

Arsenal Boss Admits Admiration For Former Manchester United Striker

But Arsene Wenger rules out bid for Fulham’s Dimitar Berbatov/

 

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he is a fan of Fulham’s Dimitar Berbatov but says the Gunners have not made an approach for the Bulgarian.

Speaking at a press conference ahead of Saturday’s clash with the Cottagers, Wenger said: “Do I rate Berbatov as a player? Highly. Have we made any approach to sign him? No.”

SEE ALSO: Best Football Manager wonderkids

Berbatov’s agent admitted last month his client could leave the struggling Cottagers in the January transfer window and the 32-year-old has been linked with a move to Arsenal.

The Emirates Stadium outfit are in need of striking reinforcements this month, after losing Theo Walcott for the remainder of the season with a cruciate ligament injury.

Berbatov has only scored four goals in 16 appearances for Fulham this season but the classy forward flourished at both Tottenham and Manchester United, and he finished with the Premier League golden boot in the 2010/11 season.

Tottenham have also been linked with a surprise move to re-sign the former Bayer Leverkusen.

More Stories Arsenal FC Fulham FC