Southampton star Victor Wanyama has denied telling The Sun that he has been talking about a transfer with Arsenal.
It had been reported that the Kenyan had said:
However, the midfielder has now hit out at the article, angry at people who would doubt his professionalism.
I have to make it clear that I have not said what as been brought up today am professional and will never say that.
— Victor Wanyama (@VictorWanyama) April 23, 2015
To cut the story short have never spoken to Wenger — Victor Wanyama (@VictorWanyama) April 23, 2015
The 23-year-old has been a key part of the Saints’ miraculous season. After losing Luke Shaw, Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, and Dejan Lovren last summer the club has rallied, and was even in the race for Champions League qualification until recently. The South Coast side could still get in to the Europa League, and if anything seem to have improved since losing their star players.
However, the team may have to deal with another round of sales before the next campaign. Morgan Schneiderlin and Nathaniel Clyne have already been rumoured to be leaving by the Daily Star. It is unlikely that manager Ronald Koeman will be able to deal with another summer of change as well as he did the last one.