Menu

Alex Teixeira confirms Chelsea offer and insists he cannot wait to work with Mourinho

Shakhtar Donetsk striker Alex Teixeira has confirmed that he has received an offer from Chelsea, according to the Metro.

The 25-year-old is reported to be just one of a number of players the Blues are targeting ahead of the January transfer window as they look to arrest their poor start to the season and start climbing the table.

Teixeira has been in electric form for the Ukrainian giants so far this term, bagging an impressive 23 goals in 23 games across all competitions, and it now looks as though he could be heading for western Europe after confirming offers from Chelsea, Juventus and Paris Saint Germain.

“What I saw and what my manager said was that Chelsea, Juventus and PSG made ??proposals,” he told Brazilian outlet Lance!

“I’m glad to have received the proposal of Chelsea as they are a big club in Europe, but my manager will sort that.

“It’s my dream, I have spoken to many people who have the desire to play in the Premier League, because I think it’s the best World Championship, most competitive.

“For January, I believe it is very difficult because it is in the middle of the championship. Shakhtar has said they will not release me in January, only at the end of the season. But I’m with a clear head.”

The Brazilian international also confirmed that one of his dreams is to ply his trade for under-fire Blues boss Jose Mourinho.

“I hope he does not leave Chelsea now. I want to work with him and have great success at his side,” he added.

And if his comments are anything to go by it would be hard to imagine him playing anywhere else than Chelsea.

Read More:
Jurgen Klopp in the dark over Daniel Sturridge injury
Black Friday bargains that flopped for Arsenal
Pep Guardiola agrees to take Man City job next season

More Stories Alex Teixeira Shakhtar Donestk