Veteran defender still hoping to play a part.
Veteran Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has denied the rumours suggesting that he is looking to quit the club this summer, Sky Sports reports.
Reports surrounding the club have suggested that the French international will not sign a new deal at Old Trafford and will instead run down his current deal to the end of the season in favour of a return home to either Paris Saint Germain or Monaco, who are both believed to be interested in landing his signature.
David Moyes’ well known interest in Leighton Baines and Fabio Coentrao during the summer transfer window are said to have unsettled the Frenchman, but the 32-year-old insists that is not the case.
“I did an interview in France and I said it was personal,” he told MUTV.
“I haven’t seen what people are saying but the thing is if someone wants to talk about my contract, which is ending after this year, they have to talk to Manchester United and with my agent.
“Me? I love this club so much.”
Earlier this week Moyes leapt to the defence of Evra after he was caught up in a media storm in his native France where he accused former World Cup winning left-back Bixente Lizarazu of trying to deliberately tarnish his reputation.
Speaking before United’s Champions League clash with Real Sociedad on Wednesday Moyes said:
“I don’t know how you see Patrice in France but in Manchester we have a very high opinion of him.
“He has been a great figure in the dressing room since I have been at the club.”