Giallorossi still in position to qualify for the knockout stages…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Roma fall to another defeat to Bayern but CSKA Moscow keep them second with win over Manchester City.
– Roma need a beer.
– Bayern from another planet: 2-0. Ruthless Pep Guardiola wins without playing Muller and Robben, but the Giallorossi (thanks to CSKA who defeated City) remain second and can now play for qualification against the ‘humans’.
– Lionel Messi on the goal throne, he catches Raul and CR7.
– Barcelona are already through to the round of 16 as are PSG. The Flea scores a brace against Ajax and reaches 71 goals in the Champions League, just like the two Madrid players.
– Juve idea: Carlos Tevez behind Fernando Llorente and Alvaro Morata. Massimiliano Allegri convinced of the formation used against Olympiacos. The four-man defence is promoted, different ways of using the diamond.
– No Silvio no fans but AC Milan rediscover Pazzini. Trofeo Berlusconi: Only 5,153 pay at the San Siro, even the president and Barbara are missing. The Rossoneri win 2-0 against San Lorenzo with Pazzo and Bonaventura.
– Walter Mazzarri at Saint-Etienne to ask for mercy. Thohir, bill with UEFA. The coach: “No excuses, but we’re being squeezed.”
– The accounts of Inter and Roma to be looked at in Nyon..
– Rafa Benitez with a crucial match but he keeps Callejon-Higuain out.
– Bayern too much for Roma.
– Champions League: damage limitation for the Giallorossi in Munich, they remain second in the group. CSKA defeat City while the Germans are already through to the round of 16.
– PSG, Barca and Porto win and are through.
– Benitez redesigns Napoli and Mazzarri looks for the real Inter.
– PAOK at Fiorentina could be affected by Gomez. Toro at Helsinki.
– Paul Pogba: I’m between Zidane and Platini. The scorer of the key goal in the Champions promises loyalty. “I’ll stay here for a long time, but I am not a top player.”
– Claudio Lotito raises prices, fans rebel and the club reduce them again.
– AC Milan, here is Pazzini again. El Shaarawy jolt Trofeo Berlusconi: San Lorenzo beaten 2-0.
– Antonio Conte hits out at the Pharaoh: “It’s time for him to wake up”.
– Fabio Cannavaro takes Lippi’s Chinese bench. The announcement from Guangzhou, three year deal for €9 million. The ex-CT remains as technical director.
– Juve, you can.
– Llorente, Tevez, Morata. The Spaniard and Pogba push for a team built from the front: “Three strikers? We are good enough to handle it. We will give our lives for the Champions League.” The Frenchman: “I want to equal Platini at Juve.”
– Roma, nothing you could do. Bayern is too strong: the Giallorossi succumb in Munich. Ribery-Gotze: 2-0.
– Achievement by CSKA. City fall: 1-2.
– Ventura: “Win Toro and you will enjoy it.”
– Double match for Euro-Inter. Napoli look for revenge. There is PAOK for the Viola.
– El Shaarawy, ultimatum from Conte. “It is up to him whether he wants to become great.”
– Trofeo Berlusconi: Pazzini-Bonaventura, AC Milan defeat San Lorenzo.