It had appeared as though this player had no future with Everton after falling out with the manager earlier this week. However, the striker has made moves to patch things up with David Moyes, something which will please Blues supporters.
It’s unclear as to what happened in the dressing room, training camp or anywhere else between Victor Anichebe and his manager. The Sun made out on Wednesday that the Nigerian had told Moyes to f*** off, an allegation that the striker flatly denies. However, the Liverpool Daily Post reports that Anichebe has admitted some wrongdoing on his part, something which suggests that the burly forward still has a part to play at Goodison Park.
“I don’t want to speak about anything that goes on at the training ground but I will say that I was not verbally abusive to the manager,” he said.
“The report that was in a newspaper this morning was not right. I didn’t row with Steve Round and wasn’t escorted from Finch Farm by members of the medical staff.
“I have got great respect for the manager, the coaches, all my team-mates and the supporters and I am embarrassed by the report this morning.”
It appears that Anichebe will stay and fight for his place in the team. With Everton remaining in the FA Cup and chasing hard for a place in next season’s UEFA Cup, they will need as much squad depth as possible. Are supporters glad to see that the striker remains part of the set-up at Goodison?