Belgium forward still intends to quit the club though this summer.
Aston Villa fans have received a boost with the news that unsettled front man Christian Benteke did turn up for training on Thursday morning after all, allaying fears that the player would try to force through his transfer away from Villa Park by effectively going on strike this summer, reports the Daily Mail.
The prolific Belgium international had been given extra time off from the rest of the Villa first-team squad by head coach Paul Lambert after shocking the club and the Scot by asking to leave Villa on the day that the team left for their pre-season tour of Germany on July 6.
However, the 22-year-old was told that he must turn up for training at Bodymoor Heath on Thursday morning, which Benteke did, although it is still not clear whether Lambert told the wantaway striker to train with the first team or the reserves while his future gets sorted out.
Benteke has only been in the Midlands for just under a year now, having been bought from Belgium outfit Genk last August on a four-year deal for a fee of £7 million.
And in his debut campaign at Villa Park, the powerful centre forward netted an eye-catching 23 goals overall in his 39 appearances, form in front of goal that effectively kept the strugglers in the top flight come the end of the season, although now the player is seeking a big-money move elsewhere.