Senegalese in defiant mood on Blues’ pre-season tour of the Far East.
Chelsea front man Demba Ba says that is ready to stay at Stamford Bridge next season and fight for his first-team place under new head coach Jose Mourinho, reports the Daily Mirror.
Recent reports in the English press had hinted that the powerful Senegal international’s days in west London could be numbered as the Blues continue their long-running pursuit of Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.
So far, Chelsea have had one bid of £20 million for the England international rejected by the Red Devils, however, the club are still expected to return with a second improved offer for the unsettled 27-year-old before the summer transfer window slams shut once and for all for the year on Aug 31.
And if Chelsea are, as expected, successful in managing to lure Rooney south, then the attacker’s arrival in the capital will place Ba’s own Blues future in grave doubt, especially given the fact that the ‘Special One’ normally likes to play with only one lone front man in his lineup.
Such a scenario, though, does not worry the 28-year-old, who arrived at the Bridge from Newcastle United in January, scoring just six goals in his 22 appearances.
”I think we need competition and we welcome the best players in this club,” said Ba.
”More competition is going to make me better anyway. All players want to play, not only centre forwards.
”We will all work in the same direction, for the club, to try and win the games. I will stay.”