Factfile on youngster named on Reds bench.
Liverpool have named teenage midfielder Seyi Ojo on their bench for today’s game away to Burnley, with potentially one of the club’s most promising youngsters set to make his debut for Brendan Rodgers’ side this afternoon.
Ojo will be hoping to make an impact after this surprise call-up, but few will have heard a great deal about the player before today, so here are five facts about this possible star of the future…
1) Ojo, 17, was signed by Liverpool from MK Dons when he was just 14 years old
2) Ojo had also been tracked strongly by Liverpool’s rivals Chelsea as he made the exciting move to a big-name Premier League side
3) Born in Nigeria, Ojo has spent most of his life in England and represents the Three Lions at youth level
4) Ojo became the first graduate of the MK Dons youth system to make an appearance for England at any level
5) An impressive midfield player with an eye for goal, Ojo scored five times in 29 appearances for Liverpool’s Under-18s last season
SEE ALSO: best teenagers in world football