Sirigu insists that Italy need Buffon back even if it means he goes back to the bench.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain opens the door to a move to Barcelona but his club dismiss the idea.
No La Gazzetta dello Sport this morning.
– Gonzalo Higuain’s World Cup Case.
– Napoli’s Argentinian admits: “I would like to play at Barcelona with Lionel Messi”.
– However, club owner Aurelio De Laurentiis says: “Higuain is not for sale”.
– Salvatore Sirigu’s heart of gold: “We need Gianluigi Buffon”. Despite his impressive performance against England after being asked to step in on the day of the game, Sirigu insists that there is no competition for the No.1 spot as Buffon is undoubtedly the first choice when fit.
– Thomas Muller demolishes Cristiano Ronaldo as Germany get off to the perfect start with 4-0 win over Portugal.
– Italy is worth much more.
– Germany humiliates Ronaldo. Moment of madness from Pepe costs Portugal, as the Real Madrid defender reacts to Muller going down easily and is sent off to leave his team-mates in trouble.
– USA, blitz and feast. Clint Dempsey with quick-fire goal as the USA secure win over Ghana.
– Manchester City star Stevan Jovetic to Inter Milan. A combination injuries and competition have seen the former Fiorentina man struggle in his first season in England, could be set for a return to Serie A.
– Lazio look to Holland. Capital club ready to invest in the squad under new coach Stefano Pioli, could start their search in the Dutch talent pool.