‘Phenomenal James’, how Juve said no to Rodriguez four years ago…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Roberto Mancini is the early favourite in the race to become the next coach of the national team.
– Phenomenal James – travel back to the origins, from Cueuta to Monaco. In March 2010 he said yes to Juventus, but Bettega stopped it.
– Brazil worry, Neymar calf injury – Medics optimistic: “For Colombia he will be fit”.
– France backs Germany – Paris doesn’t want to face Algeria.
– Kaka – the day to say goodbye – on loan at Sao Paulo, then to Orlando. Despite dismissing rumours of a Milan exit, it look as though the Brazilian will be leaving Italy this summer.
– Paolo Maldini re-opens the door to the Azzurri.
– Roberto Mancini to Italy could happen – Coach is prepared to cut his salary, in the running there is also Francesco Guidolin and Massimiliano Allegri.
– Crazy Holland comeback, and the Arjen Robben case. The Dutch winger accused of diving again as he wins late penalty which secures victory for the Oranje.
– Milan want Pablo Armero. Rossoneri ready to exchange Kevin Constant in the deal with Napoli for the Colombian wing-back.
– Inter eye Mario Mandzukic.
– Arturo Vidal – I’ll come back stronger. Chilean midfielder devastated after World Cup exit, but after short break, time will then come for him to make a decision on his club future with several giants around Europe monitoring his situation with Juventus.
– Torino – Benassi to arrive, talks over the Spaniard Ruben Perez.