James ‘works it out’ while Pique is decisive for Barca in Champions League…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Atletico Madrid Coach Diego Simeone is the focus of attention as he is praised for ending the duopoly.
– The 1000 days that changed Atleti and Spanish football.
– Diego Simeone has returned Los Rojiblancos to the football elite.
– He has won five trophies in seven finals. He has ended the duopoly in La Liga.
– Gerard Pique and little more. A dead ball settles an untidy match with a lot of rotations.
– Los Leones resisted.
– Football also votes in Scotland today.
– The Segunda Division salary cap.
– James begins to be James. Against Basel he showed talent, scored a goal and had plenty of physicality.
– James works it out.
– Only Kroos (11,411km) has run more than him (11,283km).
– Karim Benzema: “I accept the criticism without being obsessed about it”.
– Ter Stegen saves a draw in time added on.
– Pique goal and a traffic jam against modest APOEL.
– Athletic save a point against Shakhtar. The Ukrainians were superior, Iraizoz the best for the home side.
– Test of fire in Germany. Villarreal face Gladbach with injuries.
– Emery trusts in talent. Deulofeu, Banega, Reyes and Aspas to play.
– Mandzukic suffers a broken nose. He needs an operation and will be out two weeks.
– Pique scored the goal that gives Barca the leadership after Ajax and PSG draw 1-1.
– Ter Stegen, one of Luis Enrique’s nine changes, saves the draw at the end.
– Jerome Boateng gives Pep’s men a win in the 90th minute.
– Los Leones, with the handbrake on. This Madrid only stands up half the time.