The Premier League’s highest scorers unsurprisingly take up the top two slots!
Courtesy of Squawka, here’s the Premier League table by chances created…
20) Cardiff – 211 chances created
19) Crystal Palace – 214 chances created
18) Stoke City – 215 chances created
17) Fulham – 216 chances created
16) Hull City – 220 chances created
15) Sunderland – 225 chances creates
14) West Ham – 232 chances created
13) Aston Villa – 244 chances created
12) West Brom – 255 chances created
11) Norwich – 260 chances created
10) Southampton – 274 chances created
9) Manchester United – 277 chances created
8) Everton – 286 chances created
7) Swansea – 287 chances created
6) Arsenal – 294 chances created
5) Newcastle United – 311 chances created
4) Tottenham – 313 chances created
3) Chelsea – 341 chances created
2) Liverpool – 351 chances created
1) Manchester City – 368 chances created
-Liverpool and Manchester City take up the top two positions, which is fitting, as they’ve scored more goals by some distance than any other teams in the country this year.
-Chelsea though have almost been as creative as the Reds, making only ten less chances than Brendan Rodgers’ side, which arguably backs up Jose Mourinho’s claims that he needs a new striker.
-Similarly, Spurs have only scored 36 goals all season (the same as 12th placed Swansea) but have created the fourth most chances in the top tier. If confidence drained Roberto Soldado would have found the back of the net more regularly, they might be pushing Liverpool a little harder for a Champions League spot.
-Arsenal have apparently been clinical this season – or perhaps more likely, they’ve just taken their chances at the right time. In fact they’ve created nearly 60 less chances than Liverpool, but sit three points ahead of them in the table.
-Judging by chances created, Manchester United deserve to be sitting exactly where they are in the actual Premier League table. Everton, Swansea and Newcastle have all created more chances than the Red Devils, which shows just how badly they need a creative midfielder in the summer.