Englishman has a contract at Spurs until June 2015.
Tottenham Hotspur head coach Tim Sherwood says that some people are “telling porkies” following the latest claims by Ajax boss Frank de Boer regarding the managerial role at White Hart Lane, according to reports in the Daily Mail.
Earlier this week De Boer claimed on Dutch TV that the north London club had been in contact with the Eredivisie champions’ director of football Marc Overmars to inquire about the availability of the former Netherlands international skipper.
And despite Tottenham then themselves denying De Boer’s claims, the one-time Arsenal wide man came out on Thursday to once again confirm that the north Londoners made indeed inquired about the Ajax boss, much to Sherwood’s obvious annoyance.
The ex-Spurs midfielder was only appointed to the role by chairman Daniel Levy on an 18-month contract last December following the sacking of previous coach Andre Villas-Boas.
However, already in the intervening period there have been numerous reports of rival managers being lined up to replace Sherwood, speculation that has clearly incensed the Englishman.
“When clubs come out – and managers too – it’s disappointing. Somewhere along the line someone is telling porkies,” said Sherwood.
“We’ll see where the discussions at the end of the season take us. It’s a difficult time when there are outside distractions but I have to concentrate on the job in hand.
“My office is on the field. I think it’s gone reasonably well for me in the Premier League but we’ll just have to wait and see.”
Read More Tottenham Hotspur FC News
SEE ALSO: The top 10 managers in world football