Menu

Manchester United could force Liverpool to be STUCK with £16m FLOP

Manchester United could force Liverpool to be stuck with Mario Balotelli for another season, reports the Daily Mirror.

Lazio are willing to take the 24-year-old off Brendan Rodgers’ hands, but are only interested if they qualify for the Champions League group stages. They have to play a qualifying match to get to that part of the competition, with the Red Devils one of their possible opponents for the play off. As a result, if Louis van Gaal knocks them out, it could force their Merseyside rivals to keep the unwanted striker.

SEE MORE
Manchester United transfer news

Liverpool transfer rumours
EXPOSED: The FOUR £223.6m world-class Real Madrid stars Manchester United have tried to sign this summer

If Le Aquile do go after the Anfield flop, then they are interested in a £1.5 million loan, with a possible £12.5 million fee for a permanent move at the end. However, although this would cover most of the £16 million the Reds originally paid for the Italy international, they do want some help with his wages.

They can only afford 30% of his £80,000-a-week pay packet, meaning Liverpool could be stuck paying the other 70% if he doesn’t take a pay cut. Although this wouldn’t be perfect, it may be worth it to get rid of the mercurial forward.

More Stories Mario Balotelli