Earlier today we reported claims that were going viral on social media regarding Manchester United defender Chris Smalling.
It was suggested that Smalling was in hospital in Bali following a surfing accident, which may have been followed up by a jellyfish sting, so said The Sun.
However, the sensible old heads at the Manchester Evening News have done some digging and have now set a couple of things straight.
According to M.E.N, Smalling was indeed rushed to hospital in Bali, but it had nowt to do with jellyfishes or water sports.
Manchester’s biggest news publication claim that Smalling was in fact suffering with food poisoning – a diagnosis that is also backed up by a statement on United’s official website.
So, why was his head bandaged up then? United’s statement reveals that it was because he fainted and fell over.
Damn you, Bali Belly!
Manchester United and Liverpool in transfer battle over talented Portuguese youngster
Jose Mourinho all business as he arrives for first day of work at Manchester United (video)
Henrikh Mkhitaryan wages: Manchester United to splash out significantly on creative genius