Loss in Spain ends their stay in Europe this season with doubts over return.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as there is reaction to AC Milan’s elimination from the Champions League with Mario Balotelli criticised in particular.
– Overwhelmed and furious at ‘Zero Milan’.
– Diego Costa opens and closes the scoring at 4-1 – as Milan crash out of the Champions League and will not return until the season after next at the earliest.
– Mario Balotelli remains off.
– Is this Atletico’s hour?.
– Pellegrini: “Thohir is the man that can revive Inter”.
– Back to Alvaro Morata in an assault for the baby of Madrid.
– Once upon a time there was Milan.
– Rossoneri the fool – as they are widely criticised after their Champions League exit.
– Balotelli a disaster, Kaka goal.
– Clarence Seedorf critical of squad – after second-half performance dumps them out of the competition with questions being asked of how they build for the future from here.
– Juventus, individuals guilty of anti-semitic choirs.
– Sebastian Giovinco sees purple – as Juve prepare to face rivals Fiorentina in the Europa League on Thursday.
– Inter’s mission in Spain for Edin Dzeko and Morata – Thohir ready to strengthen the squad this summer and sees goals are an issue with the current squad.
– Atletico too much for this Milan – after 5-1 aggregate win in last-16 tie.
– Goodbye Champions League – with the threat that it will not return for some time as the Rossoneri will not finish in the top three this season.