Roma furious, set to appeal four-game ban given to Destro.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as the race for Europe is heating up ahead of the Milan derby on May 4 with the Rossoneri closing the gap.
– ‘It’s all a derby’ – Inter and Milan re-ignite the challenge ahead of the derby clash on 4th May, with a Europa League place at stake – the Nerazzurri remain five points clear but have slipped up consistently over the past few weeks to allow their rivals a chance of overturning the deficit.
– Blow for Mattia Destro, as Roma are furious at four game ban after TV evidence shows the incident with Davide Astori.
– Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon: “I think first to the Scudetto, then there’s the cup”.
– Not like this! Blow for Destro, four game ban – The sporting judges use TV evidence, even the referees are disconcerted, Roma to appeal: “Unacceptable”.
– Inter Milan boss Walter Mazzarri and counterpart Clarence Seedorf hang on Europa League – Inter vs Milan, only the one that makes Europa will stay – Dutchman reveals that the Europa League is an objective set by the club, while Inter owner Erick Thohir has stated that he wants European football next season as both men under pressure.
– Buffon explains the Juve plan: “Scudetto in 15 days… we have to seal the title before the semi-final of the Europa League”.
– Destro, four games out – Roma angry and to appeal.
– Adriano Galliani: “Here’s how I saved Milan”.
– Torino: For Europa it changes again, the idea is 3-4-1-2.
– The fan attacked by Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis wants to take further action.