Giallorossi want to keep their defensive star amid speculation of unrest.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as transfer rumours continue to dominate the front-pages while AC Milan continue to plan their restructuring of the club.
La Gazzetta dello Sport front-page to be updated later.
– Pippo Inzaghi, starts with Torino star Alessio Cerci – Juan Iturbe also a possibility. Official announcement of his appointment expected in the coming days, but reports already emerge of possible transfer targets.
– AS Roma hard on Mehdi Benatia, “You stay”. Defender said to be unhappy with ‘lack of respect’ shown which has led to widespread speculation of an exit, but Roma keen to sort the issue out and have him remain at the club.
– Cagliari become American.
– Napoli want Victor Ibarbo for the attack.
– Antonio Conte stings Inzaghi already: “To manage is another thing entirely”. Former team-mates expected to become managerial rivals next season.
– Conte: “Sure, I want to win the Champions League, but the important thing is to wake up and see the reality”.
– Beppe Marotta: “Atletico? It’s not a model to imitate”.
– Juve want to complete deal for Alvaro Morata for 2nd June, but they face competition.
– Milan in deep sea – no agreement with the staff of Inzaghi, and on Arrigo Sacchi, the club is divided. Sacchi rumoured to be ready to return to the club as the chief of Youth Development, but Filippo Galli rejects the chance to become Inzaghi’s assistant which leaves decisions up in the air for now.