Verratti impresses, Balotelli and Cassano link up but overall drop in second half.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as the Azzurri are held in a friendly against Luxembourg and the inevitable criticism follows.
– Italy, where is the glory? Seventh match in a row for the Azzurri without a win. Marco Verratti good, Mario Balotelli-Antonio Cassano works.
– England – Wayne Rooney shines, but only 2-2 with Ecuador.
– Diego Costa to join Chelsea for 42m Euros.
– Juve move, plan for Matteo Darmian if Stephan Lichtsteiner leaves. Roma try for Alessio Cerci, Cairo: “Price is 61m Euros”.
– Andrea Stramaccioni to Udinese, with a surprise – Dejan Stankovic as assistant.
– Napoli on the attack for Erik Lamela, duel with Inter.
– Bitter Italy, Balotelli creates goal for Claudio Marchisio, then a big drop. Verratti ok, Andrea Pirlo no. English held by Ecuador.
– Alvaro Morata-Juve, crack in the Real wall.
– Barcelona eye Gonzalo Higuain, no from Napoli.
– Strama returns, 2 years in Udine, with Stankovic.
– Arturo Vidal worry – Chile want to speed up recovery of the attacker, but Professor Cugat, who operated on him, put’s Juve on alert: “Risk to injure the knee again”.
– Cairo: “Cerci, Europa League, memberships, and Immobile, I’ll tell you everything”.
– Italy, what a bad showing, alarm for the World Cup. Form in friendlies is worrying for the Azzurri, but ultimately Prandelli has got the best out of them in competitive matches and next week should be different.
– Palermo-Alessandro Matri plan, Barca want Higuain, Diego Costa already at Chelsea.