Record breaking Italy with passing stats in first game against England.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as 15m people watch Italy’s opening World Cup game against England, which is a sign that the passion for the national team is back.
– Record-breaking Italy, and not only on the pitch – 93% pass completion, not happened in the World Cup since 1966. 15 million viewers for a game at midnight, and the piazza’s full.
– Supermario praised, Prandelli wants more.
– Benzema (and Pogba), French on course.
– Masterpiece from Messi, Maracana on it’s feet.
– Buffon could return against Uruguay, for De Sciglio it’s more difficult.
– Ranocchia says no to Juventus – defender set for a renewal with Inter.
– Prandelli’s Italy – he has constructed a team that involves the people, 15 million watch the first game at midnight.
– Paletta to be dropped.
– Candreva set to leave Lazio.
– Messi, what a goal at the Maracana.
– France, historic goal using goal-line technology.
– Ronaldo plays, Loew leaves Klose out.
– Costa Rica believe, Campbell: “We’ll surprise you”.
– Inter-Mazzarri – no renewal, tension high.
– Napoli chase Mario Suarez.
– Darmian divides – the Torino right-back shocks the World with his performance, and starts a war of words. Chiellini: “He deserves more than Torino, he should play in the Champions League”.
– Cairo responds: “It’s clear that it takes more than a diploma to be intelligent, the Juventino should learn to respect our fans”.
– Prandelli: “A great debut, now let’s not ruin it”.
– Juventus move for River’s Balanta, and Cuadrado…
– Inter in for Criscito, Milan, Rami with Banega.