Balotelli’s agent defends him and is unhappy over reaction.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as the discussion begins over who will replace Cesare Prandelli if the FIGC are unable to get him to reconsider.
– One bench for four – Massimiliano Allegri, Roberto Mancini, Francesco Guidolin and Luciano Spalletti. The four men linked with the Italy job to replace Cesare Prandelli, provided that the FIGC are unable to persuade him to re-consider his resignation after the World Cup failure.
– Mario Balotelli apologises to Prandelli, agent Mino Raiola: “Shameful to accuse him”. Balotelli has undoubtedly received a harsh response to Italy’s exit, with many former players and experts singling him out for blame. Although he hasn’t helped himself with his reaction to criticism, other players seem to be escaping the glare of the media.
– Raiola on Milan: “Mario has Milan in his blood, Barbara I don’t know”.
– It’s time to change football.
– Five key points – 18 teams in Serie A, secure stadiums, help for youth football, too many average foreigners in the league, stars to visit schools.
– Luis Suarez gets nine game ban after biting incident, however the Uruguayan FA announce that they will appeal the decision and defend their star despite the clear evidence.
– TV rights – agreement between Sky and Mediaset.
– The betrothed – Juan Iturbe, Alexis Sanchez, Alvaro Morata, Juventus at work to get one – gets Genoa youngster Sturaro.
– Matteo Darmian sure: I’ll start the season with you.
– Italy recall Andrea Pirlo: “I’m available”. The veteran midfielder is not yet done at international level if the team and coach need him.