Cesar changes history and becomes a national hero after penalty saves.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as former Inter Milan goalkeeper Julio Cesar is the hero after his performance during the penalty shoot-out.
– Brazil panic, hail Cesar.
– Seleçao reach the quarters after 120 minutes of tension.
– Sanchez and Vidal’s Chile play on a par and Pinilla hits the woodwork at the last minute.
– Ex-Inter goalkeeper parries two penalties and becomes a national hero.
– Super Colombia with the Martian James.
– Uruguay go home, on Friday quarter-final with the Seleçao.
– Blatter: ‘Video evidence during games for fouls and penalties’.
– FIFA chief opens to technology, Coaches can call for two replays each, could be operative by 2015.
– Mourinho approves: ‘A great decision for fair football’.
– ‘I agree with anything that will help referees make the right decisions. The spray and goal-line technology also work well’.
– Mazzola wants Rivera as Federation President.
– ‘Gianni is the ideal man to change many things. As for the Coach, Mancini is too expensive, so I say Guidolin’.
– What a struggle for the Under-21s, from 2011 to today only four in the senior squad.
– Thohir confirms Mazzarri: ‘He’s staying with us until 2016’.
– Julio Cesar changes history.
– Brazil to the quarter-finals at the last penalty with ex-Inter goalkeeper decisive.
– Chile match them all the way, Pinilla hits the bar at the 120th minute.
– James Rodriguez is spectacular, pushes Colombia on to face Neymar.
– Prandelli says no to Galatasaray.
– Juve seek Nastasic.
– Inter, here is Cerci.
– Kaka says goodbye to Milan.
– Security: Government irritated with the clubs. Unacceptable delays on the promises made, no apps for the tickets.
– Micro-sectors in the stands are not ready yet either.
– Balotelli? No, Morata.
– Juve summit after Raiola’s offer: ‘Mario is the best Italian player’.
– But Conte and Marotta await signals from Real Madrid for the Spanish striker.
– The Bianconeri world splits over the Milan and Nazionale striker.
– Julio Cesar is the hero of Brazil.
– Rodriguez launches Colombia.
– Chile and Sanchez scare the Seleçao (1-1), but on penalties fall apart.
– Uruguay sent home.
– ‘Toro and Bojan like each other’. Spaniard’s agent admit the reciprocal interest as his Barcelona contract set to expire.
– Atletico ask Inter for Handanovic and Icardi.
– Mesbah: ‘My Algeria has many talents worthy of Serie A’.