Azzurri ready for change in tactics and formation with Conte…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Antonio Conte is officially announced as the new Azzurri coach and he will bring with him the 3-5-2.
– Italy starts again with Antonio Conte, start with a 3-5-2. Deal is officially announced, and he is the most popular choice in the poll run by Gazzetta.
– Other candidates included Roberto Mancini, Francesco Guidolin and Luciano Spalletti. However, after his departure from Juventus, he was always likely to be named as Cesare Prandelli’s successor.
– Damiano Tommasi: “Without sanctions, Carlo Tavecchio has no credibility”.
– Conte the new Italy manager, with a two-year contract, four million, frightful!
– First Azzurri game in Bari on September 4th. Conte will be expected to deliver immediate results, and that includes qualifying for Euro 2016 with ease.
– Ezequiel Lavezzi calls Juventus. PSG star sees contract talks break down with Parisians, he will now likely assess his options which include a return to Serie A and Italy.
– Rudi Garcia: “Yes, Roma are favourites”.
– Marouane Fellaini near Napoli. Manchester United midfielder inching closer to switch to Serie A.
– Gianluigi Buffon: “I like Massimiliano Allegri, he’s brought different methods, and new excitement… and it’s true, Andrea Pirlo and Allegri have a great relationship”.
– Speculation that the pair would not be able to work together after Allegri was announced as new Juve coach given the problems from their past at Milan. However, all parties concerned have dismissed any issues.
– Juve, green light for Lavezzi.
– Conte, Italy is yours.