Europe is at Totti’s feet as he enjoys plaudits following performance against Manchester City…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Juventus fall to their first defeat of the season after the 1-0 loss to Atletico Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday night.
– EuroJuve broken, Juventus lose 1-0 to Atletico, Gianluigi Buffon: “To win you have to dare”.
– Disappointing performance from the Bianconeri as they are unable to break Atletico Madrid and eventually fall to Arda Turan’s goal.
– Ciro Immobile keeps scoring, Mario Balotelli sinks, Cesare Prandelli concedes four. Overall, not a good week for the Italians in Europe so far as Balotelli starts to receive more and more criticism while Prandelli is under pressure.
– Record-breaking Francesco Totti could renew until age of 41. Veteran shows no sign of decline and depending on how Roma set up around him, he could easily continue his playing career for a few more years.
– Juve, bitter Madrid, everyone in the group on three points.
– Europe at Totti’s feet – the English exalt, the Germans are fearful, and Roma enjoy.
– For Napoli and Inter, no mistakes allowed. Attention switches to the Europa League, and both teams should be expected to win on Thursday.
– Liverpool and Balotelli in crisis. Defeat at Basel follows on from disappointing start to the Premier League season, Balotelli starts to receive criticism.
– Flat Juve, goal from Arda Turan decisive.
– Walter Zenga plea: “Inter fans, help Mazzarri”.
– Alberto Paloschi warning: “A goal at Milan? Pippo would understand”.
– Amauri – Over to me, tonight Torino against Copenhagen, the striker is back in the team.