Results are significant as Serie A tries to claw back a fourth Champions League spot…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as they celebrate that all four Italian teams secured victories in the Europa League on Thursday night.
– EuroPoker, all four Italian teams win, historic night in Europa League.
– Significant results for Serie A, as although they still have a long way to go, it is a start in clawing back a fourth Champions League spot through the UEFA co-efficient system. The Italians have fallen well behind the likes of Germany, Spain and England, and are under threat by others.
– Former Roma star Mirko Vucinic: “Francesco Totti will never be stopped, and they’ve been trying for years”.
– Mario Balotelli already under fire at Liverpool, another no from Antonio Conte. Italian striker has been criticised after his recent performances, and it isn’t enough for Conte to bring him back into the national team.
– Italy, four out of four wins in Europa League.
– Balotelli and Prandelli already in a storm. Liverpool striker facing criticism for disappointing form, Galatasaray coach under fire for poor results which included Wednesday’s 4-1 loss to Arsenal in the Champions League.
– Massimiliano Allegri vs Rudi Garcia, challenge between opposites. Juventus and Roma prepare for battle this weekend in early Scudetto showdown between two favourites.
– Juventus challenge Roma: “We’re still the strongest”.
– D’Ambrosio and Icardi, Inter end the whistles.
– Hamsik, Higuain, Napoli return.