Azzurri fail to impress as they are held by Croatia at San Siro…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy with reaction to the Azzurri’s 1-1 draw with Croatia including the flares from the visiting fans.
– Too much smoke, not enough Italy.
– Italy 1-1 Croatia. Shame of the visiting Ultras.
– The national team fades. Antonio Candreva gives us the lead, a mistake from Gianluigi Buffon and then we suffer.
– Flares and fights: match suspended for 10 minutes.
– The secrets of Benitez: I work on the mind. “I give a footballing education, I don’t just teach a formation. The Napoli of the future must be built without me.”
– Inter revolution. Roberto Mancini believes. Milan have a jack up their sleeves.
– Adani says no to being Mancini’s assistant: “I’ll stay with Sky.” And Bonaventura dreams of the step-up.
– Francesco Totti represents the beauty of football. A champion off the field too. Fachetti Award for the Roma man who is with us today.
– Terrible clash for Mertens, hit on the head and faints on the field. During Belgium v Wales the Napoli player ended up in hospital. Then he Tweets “I am well”.
– Pereyra support. The Juve wildcard who didn’t have money to buy shoes. From a difficult childhood to Allegri’s 12th man: the romance of the Argentine’s career.
– Italy held.
– The Azzurri suffer, but get a draw against Croatia (1-1). Ahead through Candreva, a goal from Perisic soon after with a Buffon error. Kovac’s side dominate, match suspended twice due to Croatian flares.
– “Attack! Shoot! Press!”. This is how Mancini shakes-up Inter.
– His words to the players, a simulated derby.
– Juve want Chiriches, Roma go for Balanta.
– In January, the signings for the Scudetto.
– Fear for Mertens, anxiety for Napoli. He faints during Belgium’s match. Head knock, but he recovers.
– Trap on Greece: “I’m ready”.
– Lots of smoke, not much heat.
– Ugly Italy, they only draw with Croatia. Candreva scores at the start. Perisic responds with a little help from Buffon.
– Azzurri in trouble for long periods.
– Match suspended in the second half for the repeated throwing of flares by the Croatian Ultras.
– Come on Juve, this Tevez is a hardman for the Champions League.
– Montero speaks. Interview with the Uruguayan who debuted on the Penarol bench by winning 4-0.
– Ganz, ex of both teams: “I think it’ll be Torres’ night.
– Mancini priorities. Palacio, the fans and the Champions League.
– Toro turning point. Barreto and five others out?