Jonas Gutierrez is back playing at St James’ Park.
Newcastle United midfielder Jonas Gutierrez has hit out at former boss, Alan Pardew, after the Argentinian was sensationally told to find another club, whilst he was battling cancer, according to the Sun.
“He told me to look for a team a moment after the second operation at the end of 2013.
“This hurt me a lot. You have to be more human and not look only at the football side and business,” Gutierrez explained.
The 31-year-old was diagnosed with testicular cancer in September last year, and made his return to the Newcastle team in the narrow defeat at home to Manchester United last week.
As well as his battle with the disease, Gutierrez also spent some time last season on loan at Norwich City, meaning that Wednesday’s triumphant comeback was his first appearance for the Magpies in seventeen months.
But the midfielder is just grateful to be alive after a turbulent year, and seems willing to put what happened with the current Crystal Palace manager behind him.
“I only look to the future and each of us has to look at themselves and their conscience,” he added.
Gutierrez is out of contract in the summer, but rumours suggest that he could still be offered a new deal at St James’ Park.