Menu

Chelsea transfer news round-up: New signing imminent, Conte eyes new defensive target and convinces star man to stay

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte still has work to do in the summer transfer market, and with the new season fast approaching, he’ll be in a rush to get it done.

The Italian tactician has already signed Michy Batshuayi and N’Golo Kante, and they will likely be important players for him in his first year at Stamford Bridge.

However, as he continues to rebuild the spine of his squad, a central defender remains a priority while he could see the players below move on too:

Conte turns attention to Nikola Maksimovic

With their bid to sign Kalidou Koulibaly looking likely to fail, Chelsea have now switched their focus to the Torino defender, with the Evening Standard claiming that he will cost £18m.

Napoli’s demands for Koulibaly continue to increase, and in turn Conte has looked for a cheaper alternative that will boost his squad and represent value for money.

Traore wanted by Dutch giants

According to The Daily Mail, striker Bertrand Traore has emerged as a target for Ajax, and it will now depend on whether or not Conte wants to keep him.

The Dutch outfit will be looking for a replacement for Arkadiusz Milik as he looks set for Napoli, and it appears as though they’ve got their eyes on the Chelsea star.

Borussia Monchengladbach want Andreas Christensen

Monchengladbach have reportedly made an €18m bid for the youngster, who is currently half way through a loan deal with the Bundesliga club.

However, it’s added by the Metro that Chelsea are holding out for €22m, but a compromise with a buy-back clause is likely to be agreed upon in the coming days.

Matic in change of heart as Conte influence has its effect

Matic has told the Evening Standard that Conte makes him ‘feel wanted’ which suggests that he will not be keen on an exit from the club this summer.

The Serbian international was crucial two years ago when the Blues won the Premier League title, but along with many of his team-mates, struggled last year. However, it looks as though he’s set for a key role next season.

“It was important for me to know that I am a big part of his [Conte’s] plans. I have been at the club for two-and-a-half years and have always given my best every day. Until I’m here, I will continue to give everything to the team.”

Deal agreed for Polish goalkeeper

Chelsea are reportedly close to completing the signing of Marcin Bulka, with the Daily Star claiming that the Polish shot-stopper’s current club have confirmed the deal.

The 17-year-old is said to have travelled to London on Thursday to sign a long-term contract to become Conte’s latest summer signing, albeit a lower profile one.

More Stories Andreas Christensen Antonio Conte Bertrand Traore Kalidou Koulibaly Marcin Bulka Nemanja Matic Nikola Maksimovic