Menu

Barcelona inform ace he remains key part of Ernesto Valverde’s plans and won’t be sold

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele has reportedly been told by the club that he isn’t available for sale as he is part of their plans moving forward.

The 21-year-old endured a difficult first season at the Nou Camp, as he was limited to just 24 appearances in all competitions due to injury troubles.

SEE MORE: Liverpool rival Barcelona for midfield ace as Jurgen Klopp eyes key January agreement

Further, adapting to Barcelona’s style of play has also presented its challenges, with the French international having to tweak his game to fit into the system while also making the most of his attributes.

With those concerns in mind, question marks had been raised over his future with the Catalan giants, particularly after they bolstered their attacking options this summer with the signing of Malcom, but as per Sport, it appears as though Dembele will be going nowhere.

The report suggests that Barcelona have told the forward that he is expected to be an important part of their pursuit of trophies this season and so he won’t be sold.

Off the back of his game-winner against Sevilla for the Spanish Super Cup on Sunday, it’s fair to say that it has been a good week for the former Borussia Dortmund star as he has seemingly solidified his position at the Nou Camp for the immediate future at least.

Coupled with the fact that Ernesto Valverde will be looking to build on last season’s domestic double by sustaining that success at home and going for glory in Europe too, the Spanish tactician will arguably benefit from having strength in depth to rotate and keep everyone fresh throughout the campaign.

With all that in mind, it doesn’t sound as though Dembele will be going anywhere any time soon, despite The Sun reporting on interest from Arsenal with the Gunners seemingly wasting their time unless the situation changes in January or next summer.

More Stories Ousmane Dembele