Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum has all but confirmed his exit this summer, in a pre-match interview at Anfield.
The Reds take on Crystal Palace this afternoon, with the Netherlands international wearing the captain’s armband, in what will most likely be his final game for the club.
Speaking to reporters before kick-off at Anfield, Wijnaldum said it looks like it’s ‘goodbye’ in regards to his time at Liverpool, with his future still unclear.
Take a look at the tweet below by Echo reporter Paul Gorst.
Gini Wijnaldum has all but confirmed he is leaving Liverpool this summer.
He said: "As it looks right now, it is goodbye."
— Paul Gorst (@ptgorst) May 23, 2021
Wijnaldum has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona this summer, with his Liverpool contract due to run out next month.
That’s according to the Mirror, who claim the Netherlands international has given the green light on a three-year deal with the Catalan club.
The report is in line with a claim made by Times journalist Duncan Castles earlier this year, who stated Wijnaldum will join Barcelona on a free transfer this summer when his time at Liverpool comes to an end.